Sunday, March 9, 2008

Torn And Frayed

Waldrop and I had been drinking on the USC campus, at the Gamecock campus bar in Russell House. Waldrop was not in school and didn't have a place to stay except his Volkswagon and I said he could stay at my place off campus no problem. He drove us to my place and grabbed me by my jacket as I was trying to put the key in the door lock. He flung me back and I fell against a fire hydrant he'd stolen from somewhere and left outside my door on the lawn. I ripped my jacket and jumped up and although he'd been in the army twice and kicked out twice and thought he was tough he was drunk after all so I jumped up and hit him square in the nose and the door opened and broke when he hit it. He fell inside and I kicked him in the side. "You crazy fuck!", I said. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I left him there and walked into the kitchen and was getting us both some water and when I turned around Waldrop was swinging a half-gallon and three-quarter full glass bottle of vodka at my head. I ducked my head into the sink and the bottle hit the spigot and and vodka and glass went everywhere. Waldrop hit me in the side with the broken neck and handle still in his hand and cut my jacket again. Then he slid in the vodka and fell back and I kicked him in the balls. We called it quits. The next day he split early and showed up in the evening with an English whore who fucked him in my bed and then fucked my other roommate, Jerry, for some reason in my bed and when it was my turn I pretended to pass out on the floor and those three kept at it. The whole thing was Waldrop's way of saying he was sorry but it was a poor and messy way and in my bed and I waited for a more suitable apology.

No comments: