Sunday, March 16, 2008

Shine a Light

It was a Friday night and K and J and I had nothing to do and no money so we decided to steal hubcaps from the Grant's parking lot across the highway. This was mostly K's idea. The three of us snuck through to the edge of the woods at the edge of highway 29 and decided that K and I would run across the road and hide among the parked cars in the Grant's parking lot, J's job to stay at the edge of the woods and shout CAR! if he saw a car or anyone on foot coming near us. When there were no cars coming K and I sprinted across 29, down and back up a gully and duck-walked from the edge of the parking lot to the nearest cars. K went to work with his screw driver and J yelled, "CAR!" We scrambled back to the gully and waited and watched but didn't see anyone. K duck-walked back to the car and popped off a hubcap. J yelled, "CAR!" K hunkered down and I crawled up to the level of 29. I waited until a car passed and ran across the highway to where J waited at the edge of the woods. J asked if we could hear him yell car and I said yes we could but why was he doing it because K and I had not seen any cars. J said, "You told me to yell CAR if I saw one. There are lots going by all the time." We were not communicating and I went back across the highway to talk to K and we agreed we'd best try to steal hubcaps some other time.

No comments: